Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, the brother of the UK's King Charles, has been arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office after further details of his relationship with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein emerged. Thames Valley Police confirmed that the force had opened an investigation into an offense of misconduct in public office, and had arrested a man in his sixties. Mountbatten-Windsor turned 66 on Thursday.
At a Juvenile Court hearing this week in East Lost Angeles, sheriff's deputies led shackled defendants into a courtroom reserved for youths accused of serious crimes. Most were baby-faced teenagers wearing orange jumpsuits. Then they brought out a 39-year-old father of four. The man, Victor Perez, is accused of killing a woman in Hollywood in 2003. But because he was 17 at the time, Perez, who has pleaded not guilty, is being prosecuted as a juvenile - at least for now.
I think that's a matter for the police. They will conduct their own investigations, but one of the core principles in our system is that everybody is equal under the law and nobody is above the law. It's a very important principle of our country... and it has to apply in this case in the same way it would in any other case.
A 90-year-old man missing for more than a week in Toronto has been found dead, police say. The man, identified only as Joseph, had been last seen on Jan. 29 at about 11:50 p.m. in the area of Coxwell Avenue and Gerrard Street E., Toronto police said in a news release. He was found dead on Wednesday. There's no word on where the man was found or how he died.
Over the man he appointed to be his ambassador to Washington, Peter Mandelson. So Mandelson resigned last year after an earlier batch of the Epstein files revealed he had kept up communication friendship with the late sex offender after Epstein's conviction. Now, the latest batch show he allegedly passed sensitive U.K. government information to Epstein. Mandelson denies wrongdoing, but police are investigating, and all of this has led to questions about Starmer's judgment in appointing him in the first place.
Salvini, leader of the far-right League party and a member of Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni's coalition government, said he was "closely monitoring the situation". "The serious incidents of sabotage that occurred this morning near Bologna train station and in Pesaro, causing significant disruption to thousands of travellers, are worrying," he said in a statement. He noted the rail sabotage that paralysed France's high-speed train network hours ahead of the Olympics opening ceremony in July 2024.
Three men have been rushed to hospital with knife wounds following a violent confrontation at a railway station. A pair of 20-year-olds sustained stab wounds while a 22-year-old suffered facial slash injuries during the violence at Egham railway station in Surrey. An 18-year-old was also attacked. Royal Holloway University of London confirmed three of the victims are students at the institution. Emergency services including BTP, paramedics and Surrey Police rushed to the location after receiving reports around 9pm of four people suffering knife injuries.
SAN BRUNO - A shooting and fire are under investigation in San Bruno, police said. The incident was reported just after 3:30 p.m. Friday at a two-story home in the 100 block of Keefe Court, a cul-de-sac located off Rosewood Drive, according to the San Bruno Police Department. Additional details about the incident were not immediately available. In an update around 5:15 p.m., police said the scene was still active and asked the public to avoid the area. Check back for updates.
"We consider there are reasonable grounds for investigation, given that he held the positions of chair of the Nobel Committee and Secretary General of the Council of Europe during the period covered by the released documents," Paal Loeseth, director of Norway's economic crime police unit, Oekokrim, said in a statement. "Among other things, Okokrim will investigate whether gifts, travel and loans were received in connection with his position," the statement added.
Jason Vasquez, 51, of New Bedford, was found dead in the harbor Jan. 31, the Bristol County District Attorney's Office said in a press release. He was last seen Jan. 28 after he visited a "local adult establishment," the DA's office said. Prior to his death, Vasquez worked on a ship at the New Bedford Shipyard and Shoreline, the DA's office said. His boss reported him missing Jan. 30 after his vehicle was found in the shipyard's parking lot.
A person was shot and killed Tuesday afternoon in Fremont, police said. Officers were called at 4:19 p.m. for reports of a shooting at Central Avenue and Joseph Street, according to the Fremont Police Department. They arrived to find the victim on the ground. Officers provided medical aid, but the victim later died from their injuries, police said. The death marked the city's second homicide of the year. An investigation is underway, police said, but no other details were released Tuesday night.
It didn't look like anything had been missing initially until we noticed the retractable parcel shelf had been removed. We had to wait weeks for the new window because it's such a common problem in north London that the demand for the windows was just exceeding their ability to supply them. We were told, if we replaced it, to take the parcel shelf out at night.