A few points before we jump into the legal stuff.
Briefly is about community and collective insight. We need to earn your trust in order to build this community, and that begins with being fair and transparent about how we use your data. This philosophy is core to our identity.
Right now, it's all very simple:
- We don't have any ads on the site, but may in the future.
- We don't do anything fancy with your data, and if that changes in any way that would be material to you, we'll let you know in advance.
- We use a few carefully selected partners to help us manage and administer the service. Right now that includes:
- Heap Analytics, to understand how folks are using the service, including individual paths and patterns. Heap appears to keep Briefly data well siloed.
If you have any questions at all, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On to the legal stuff...
FIRE ESCAPE PARTNERS, INC.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We get information about you in a range of ways.
- Information You Give Us. We collect your name, email address, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation), and other information you directly give us on our Site.
- Information We Get from Others. We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from this Site.
- Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times, Internet protocol (IP) address, and information about your use of and actions on our Site.
- Web Beacons. We may log information using digital images called Web beacons on our Site or in our emails. We use Web beacons to manage cookies, count visits, and to learn what marketing works and what does not. We also use Web Beacons to tell if you open or act on our emails.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information as follows:
- We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
- We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- We use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- We use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- We use your personal information to provide and deliver products and services customers request.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to "opt-out." If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
We take steps to help protect personal information. No company can fully prevent security risks, however. Mistakes may happen. Bad actors may defeat even the best safeguards.
Briefly: Privacy, c/o Fire Escape Partners, Inc.
255 1st Street
Brooklyn, NY 11215