Carl W. Cacconie, a San Mateo County resident, was convicted July 17 in El Dorado County on six counts of committing lewd acts upon a child under 14. He remained out of jail on $1 million bail after conviction despite continuous objections from the El Dorado District Attorney's Office to the court's decision to allow bail. Cacconie failed to appear for a scheduled sentencing hearing and is now considered a fugitive. Law enforcement agencies are actively searching for him and advise the public not to approach and to call 911 if he is seen. Trial testimony alleged molestations occurring between 2014–2015 and in the early 2000s.
A San Mateo County man convicted last month in El Dorado County on six child molestation charges failed to appear in court earlier this week and is now considered a fugitive from justice, authorities said. Carl W. Cacconie was convicted July 17 on six counts of committing lewd acts upon a child under the age of 14, according to court records.
In a statement, the El Dorado District Attorney's Office said he failed to show for his scheduled sentencing Tuesday after he remained out of jail on $1 million bail following his conviction. Authorities added that the court's decision to allow Cacconie bail was "over our continuous objections." Law enforcement agencies are searching for him. They urged anyone who may happen to see him not to approach him and instead call 911 immediately.
Collection
[
|
...
]