
"At the direction of the commander of U.S. Southern Command, Marine Gen. Francis L. Donovan, Joint Task Force Southern Spear conducted three lethal kinetic strikes on three vessels operated by Designated Terrorist Organizations, Southern Command said in the statement, which as has become customary was accompanied by a video showing the boats exploding after being hit by a missile. Intelligence confirmed the vessels were transiting along known narco-trafficking routes and were engaged in narco-trafficking operations, it added."
"According to a statement from Southern Command, the three attacks were carried out late Monday against alleged narcoterrorists, in the Trump administration's words. Two of the strikes took place in the eastern Pacific, each killing four men. In the third attack, in the Caribbean, three people were killed. No U.S. military forces were harmed, the military command said."
U.S. forces conducted three lethal strikes late Monday, sinking alleged drug-running vessels in the eastern Pacific and the Caribbean and killing 11 people. Two Pacific strikes each killed four men, while the Caribbean strike killed three. No U.S. military personnel were harmed. The strikes occurred after the aircraft carrier Gerald Ford departed the Caribbean; the carrier had been deployed since October as part of Operation Southern Spear. Southern Command identified the targeted vessels as operated by Designated Terrorist Organizations and released video showing missiles striking the boats. Intelligence reportedly showed the vessels were transiting known narco-trafficking routes.
Read at english.elpais.com
Unable to calculate read time
Collection
[
|
...
]