Hamas agreed to a ceasefire proposal put forward by mediators Egypt and Qatar more than ten days ago. Israel has not provided an official response — neither acceptance, rejection, nor an alternative proposal — and mediators say they are awaiting an official reply. Qatar pledged to continue efforts to end Israel's war on Gaza and called on the international community to pressure Israel to accept the ceasefire. The proposal reportedly included a 60-day cessation of Israeli army operations with withdrawal to allow humanitarian aid and an exchange of half of the remaining 50 captives for Palestinian detainees. Qatar said it is communicating with all parties and remains ready to resume negotiations.
Israel seems unwilling to reach an agreement as it has not yet responded to the ceasefire proposal agreed by Hamas earlier this month, the Foreign Ministry spokesperson of mediator Qatar said. While Qatar pledged to continue its efforts to bring an end to Israel's war on Gaza, which has now killed more than 62,000 Palestinians, ministry spokesperson Majed al-Ansari called on the international community to put pressure on Israel to accept the latest Gaza ceasefire proposal.
We are in contact with all parties in pursuit of a ceasefire agreement, but there is no official Israeli response neither acceptance, rejection, nor the presentation of an alternative proposal, Foreign Ministry spokesperson Majed al-Ansari said on Tuesday. We do not take seriously the media statements in Israel and are awaiting an official response to the proposal, he said, adding that Qatar was communicating with all parties in pursuit of a ceasefire agreement.
Collection
[
|
...
]