
"Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi said on Saturday that the government has released a list of 3,117 people, whom he described as victims of recent terrorist operation, including about 200 security personnel."
"If anyone disputes accuracy of our data, please share any evidence, the diplomat, who has previously stated that 690 people on the list were terrorists armed and funded by the US and Israel, wrote on X."
"Araghchi's comments come hours after the US president told reporters that 32,000 people were killed during the protests, adding that the people of Iran have lived in hell under the theocratic establishment."
"Mai Sato, United Nations special rapporteur on human rights in Iran, has said more than 20,000 civilians may have been killed, but information remains limited amid heavy internet filtering by the state, six weeks after a nationwide communications blackout was imposed."
Iranian authorities released a list of 3,117 people described as victims of a recent terrorist operation, including about 200 security personnel. The foreign minister stated that 690 names on the list were terrorists allegedly armed and funded by the US and Israel and invited challenges to the data. The US president asserted 32,000 people were killed during the protests. UN and rights experts estimate that more than 20,000 civilians may have died, while HRANA has documented over 7,000 deaths and is investigating nearly 12,000 further cases. Heavy internet filtering and a six-week communications blackout severely limit verification, and international concern and calls for disclosure of detainees have grown.
Read at www.aljazeera.com
Unable to calculate read time
Collection
[
|
...
]