Fox's Jennifer Griffin Says Very Few Answers' Given On How Trump Can Reopen The Strait of Hormuz
Briefly

Fox's Jennifer Griffin Says Very Few Answers' Given On How Trump Can Reopen The Strait of Hormuz
Operation Epic Fury is described as having met military objectives, with Iran’s military capability significantly degraded. Despite that assessment, the Strait of Hormuz remains under blockade, with low volumes of ships entering and leaving. Examples cited include two U.S.-flag ships departing the previous week, while lawmakers pointed to the continued closure as reflected in public conditions such as gas prices. Iran’s “voice is very loud,” according to testimony, even as its capability is degraded. President Trump paused a scheduled attack after discussions with Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE, citing progress in negotiations, while instructing military leaders to be ready to launch a full large-scale assault if no acceptable deal is reached.
"Well, Sandra, on Capitol Hill: political posturing, stonewalling, and anger, but very few answers about how to open the Strait of Hormuz and what has been achieved after 38 days of airstrikes against Iran. All of these things would indicate that Operation Epic Fury has achieved great success to this point. Would you agree? a GOP House member said in a clip as CENTCOM Commander Adm. Brad Cooper replied, I would, sir. We met all our military objectives."
"And yet the Strait of Hormuz remains under blockade, Griffin added. The chairman of the Joint Chiefs characterized it this way: Iran's capability is significantly degraded. Their voice is very loud,' Cooper told Congress. So why is it closed? pressed another member of Congress. As we sit here today, there are low volumes of ships that are going in and out. For instance, we had two U.S. flag ships go out just last week, Cooper added."
"Griffin continued her report, noting, President Trump says he was one hour away from resuming the war and called off the resumption of airstrikes at 3 p.m. Monday after speaking with the leaders of Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE, who told him progress was being made in negotiations."
"Quote: I have instructed Secretary of War Pete Hegseth, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Daniel Caine, and the United States military that we will not be doing the scheduled attack on Iran tomorrow, but have further instructed them to be prepared to go forward with a full, large-scale assault on Iran on a moment's notice in the event that an acceptable deal is not reached. We may have to give him another big hit."
Read at www.mediaite.com
Unable to calculate read time
[
|
]