At least 10 killed in Israeli strikes in Lebanon's Bekaa valley, health ministry says
Briefly

At least 10 killed in Israeli strikes in Lebanon's Bekaa valley, health ministry says
"At least 10 people have been killed and 24 wounded including three children in Israeli strikes in Lebanon's eastern Bekaa valley, the Lebanese health ministry has said. Israel said it had hit command centres of the Lebanese militant group Hezbollah in the Bekaa valley. Two security sources told Reuters that senior Hezbollah leader Hussein Yaghi was killed in the attacks."
"Yaghi is the son of former Hezbollah MP Mohamed Yaghi, and his funeral is set to take place on Saturday, according to Hezbollah media. Local television footage from the scene of one of the strikes showed the targeted site appeared to be an apartment building. Emergency crews were seen firefighting and searching for survivors. Earlier on Friday another Israeli strike hit a Palestinian refugee camp in the port city of Sidon, killing two people."
"The Israeli military said it struck a Hamas command centre in the Ain el-Hilweh camp. Hamas acknowledged that two of its members had been killed in the strike but said the claim it was a command centre was a flimsy pretext. It said the targeted building belonged to a joint security force made up of various Palestinian factions tasked with maintaining security in the camp. After 7 October 2023, Hezbollah began firing rockets from Lebanon into Israel in support of Hamas and the Palestinians."
Israeli strikes in Lebanon's eastern Bekaa valley killed at least 10 people and wounded 24, including three children. Israel said the strikes targeted Hezbollah command centres and security sources reported senior Hezbollah leader Hussein Yaghi was killed; he is the son of former MP Mohamed Yaghi and his funeral is set for Saturday. Local television showed a targeted apartment building with emergency crews searching for survivors. Earlier, an Israeli strike hit the Ain el-Hilweh Palestinian refugee camp in Sidon, killing two people that Israel said were Hamas members; Hamas said the building belonged to a joint security force. Since the 7 October 2023 hostilities and a later US-brokered ceasefire, Israel has carried out near-daily strikes in Lebanon accusing Hezbollah of rebuilding.
Read at www.theguardian.com
Unable to calculate read time
[
|
]