Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor released after arrest over misconduct relating to Epstein
Briefly

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor released after arrest over misconduct relating to Epstein
"I have learned with deepest concerns news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office. What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner. Authorities have our full and wholehearted support and cooperation. The law must take its course. It would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all."
"Thames Valley Police said later on Thursday that "the arrested man" had been "released under investigation.""
""Following a thorough assessment, we have now opened an investigation into this allegation of misconduct in public office," Thames Valley's Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said in a statement."
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, eighth in line to the throne, was arrested on his 66th birthday and questioned all day by Thames Valley Police. The force is investigating allegations that he passed documents to the late convicted sex offender while working as a trade envoy. The arrest and release under investigation are unprecedented in modern times for a senior royal. A witness saw him leaving a police station in Aylsham and a photograph showed him appearing visibly shaken. Thames Valley Police opened an investigation after a thorough assessment. King Charles expressed deep concern, pledged support for authorities, and said the law must take its course.
Read at Irish Independent
Unable to calculate read time
[
|
]