
Married at First Sight UK has been pulled from Channel 4 streaming and linear services after allegations of sexual abuse and misconduct involving a small number of past contributors. Two women reported being raped during filming, and a third described an allegation of a non-consensual sex act. The show matches single people by experts to marry strangers they meet for the first time on their wedding day. Channel 4 said all previous seasons were removed following very serious wrongdoing allegations. The programme is produced for Channel 4 by independent production company CPL. The reality TV genre has also faced other controversies, including deaths linked to Love Island and welfare measures after bullying and harassment allegations connected to Strictly Come Dancing.
"Channel 4 has pulled all previous seasons of Married at First Sight UK from its streaming platforms following very serious allegations of wrongdoing made against a small number of past contributors, the broadcaster said. The BBC reported that two women said they were raped during filming of the dating show, while a third described an allegation of a non-consensual sex act. The programme sees single people matched by experts to marry strangers they meet for the first time on their wedding day."
"The broadcaster said that all previous seasons of MAFS UK have been removed from its streaming and linear services. The show is produced for Channel 4 by independent production company CPL. Throughout its history, the reality TV genre has been struck by scandals, over contestant behaviour, as well as the deaths of people who have appeared on shows."
"Love Island The deaths of former Love Island contestants Sophie Gradon, who was found dead aged 32 in June 2018 and Mike Thalassitis, who died by suicide in March 2019 aged 26, led to increased scrutiny over the ITV show's aftercare. Former Love Island presenter Caroline Flack also took her own life at the age of 40 on February 15 2020, after learning that prosecutors were going to press ahead with an assault charge after she hit her boyfriend Lewis Burton with her phone over concerns he had been cheating on her."
"Strictly Come Dancing The scandal-hit show was the subject of a review in 2024 when the BBC looked into separate allegations of bullying and harassment against former professional dancer Giovanni Pernice, made by his former dance partner, Amanda Abbington. The corporation upheld some, but not all, of the complaints made and brought in a series of measures aimed at improving welfare. This included the introduction of a chaperone"
Read at www.independent.co.uk
Unable to calculate read time
Collection
[
|
...
]