
"“The information and evidence we have uncovered, upon a thorough investigation, does not support filing a hate crime allegation. This will not deter us from establishing the intent and motive behind this attack,” Kenney said in an email Thursday."
"“A lot has been made of the last four seconds of a video, without seeing the entire video, or knowing all the facts in the case. And I think a lot of folks have jumped to conclusions,” Polverino told the news outlet."
"The suspects were accused of using antisemitic language while they allegedly got into an altercation with two other men on the 300 block of Santana Row in San Jose on March 8, SFGATE previously reported. All three suspects appeared in court for the first time on Wednesday in San Jose, but they were not required to enter pleas, O'Bryan Kenney, a deputy district attorney prosecuting the case, told SFGATE."
"A video of the assault showed three men repeatedly punching and kicking two men to the ground on the restaurant's outdoor patio. The two men, who are Israeli American, were said by an account that posted the video to have been reportedly speaking to each other in Hebrew before they were attacked, prompting the hate crime allegations."
Three men arrested for a violent assault outside a Santana Row restaurant in San Jose face felony assault charges without hate crime allegations. The alleged incident occurred on March 8 on the 300 block of Santana Row, where prosecutors said the suspects used antisemitic language during an altercation with two men. The two victims, described as Israeli American, were reportedly speaking Hebrew before being attacked, which led to calls for hate crime charges. Prosecutors stated that investigation findings did not support filing a hate crime allegation, while still pursuing intent and motive. Defense counsel said conclusions were drawn from only a brief portion of video footage without full context.
Read at SFGATE
Unable to calculate read time
Collection
[
|
...
]