Seven-month-old Emmanuel Haro has been missing for over a week and is presumed dead. Rebecca and Jake Haro were arrested on suspicion of murder at their Cabazon home after claiming the baby had been kidnapped in Yucaipa on Aug. 14. Rebecca reported being attacked and knocked unconscious in a Big 5 parking lot and later said the baby was gone; investigators found inconsistencies in her account. Authorities spent hours searching the Haros' home. Riverside and San Bernardino deputies say the couple are linked to other child-abuse reports, including a Moreno Valley call. A community vigil was held; the Haros are due in court next week. Jake previously pleaded guilty to willful cruelty to a child in 2018.
His parents -- Rebecca and Jake Haro -- were arrested on suspicion of murder on Friday at their home in Cabazon. The couple had claimed their baby was kidnapped in Yucaipa on Thursday, Aug. 14, but detectives say that story quickly fell apart. Rebecca said she was attacked and knocked unconscious in a parking lot near a Big 5 store in Yucaipa. When she regained consciousness, she told investigators her baby was gone and that he had been kidnapped.
After Emmanuel's disappearance, the boys' parents came under scrutiny, and the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department said that investigators found "inconsistencies" in the mother's story. The search for baby Emmanuel is ongoing, but the child is presumed dead. Investigators spent hours combing through the parents' home in Cabazon on Friday. Deputies say the Haros are also at the center of other reports of abuse.
Riverside County sheriff's deputies say they responded to a call of child abuse at a home in the 23000 block of Cottonwood Avenue in Moreno Valley on Thursday afternoon. They confirmed the investigation is related to the Haros. Deputies said the investigation into the alleged abuse is ongoing. No further details were released. A community vigil was held on Friday night for baby Emmanuel.
Collection
[
|
...
]