Father of missing California baby goes with investigators on search for infant's remains
Briefly

Investigators searched the westbound shoulder of the 60 Freeway near Gilman Springs Road in Moreno Valley for remains of 7-month-old Emmanuel Haro but did not find a body. Jake Haro, 32, accompanied investigators and cadaver dogs during the Aug. 24 search. Jake and Rebecca Haro were arrested on suspicion of murder after authorities determined inconsistencies in Rebecca's account that Emmanuel had been kidnapped. Investigators searched the couple's home and reviewed surveillance footage. Jake Haro has a 2018 child cruelty charge after a 10-week-old daughter suffered broken bones; he pleaded guilty in 2023 and received sentencing and treatment requirements.
The father of 7-month-old Emmanuel Haro accompanied investigators on a search for the baby's remains in Moreno Valley on Sunday, Aug. 24, authorities said, but a body was not found. Jake Haro, 32, was with investigators and cadaver dogs during the search on the westbound shoulder of the 60 Freeway near Gilman Springs Road, said Mara Rodriguez, a spokesperson for the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department.
Rebecca Haro, 41, initially told authorities on Aug. 14 that she was knocked unconscious outside a Big 5 Sporting Goods store in Yucaipa and awoke to find Emmanuel was gone, authorities said. Investigators later concluded there were inconsistencies in her story and the baby wasn't kidnapped after searching the couple's home and reviewing surveillance footage. In 2018, Jake Haro was charged with willful child cruelty in Riverside County, along with Vanessa Haro, after their 10-week-old daughter was hospitalized with broken bones.
Read at www.pressenterprise.com
[
|
]