Man attacks kids, chokes 7-year-old boy, at Brooklyn playground, NYPD says
Briefly

Man attacks kids, chokes 7-year-old boy, at Brooklyn playground, NYPD says
"Police are looking for a man they say attacked a group of children at a Brooklyn park last week, including by choking one of them. NYPD officials said the man approached a 5-year-old girl, 7-year-old boy and 12-year-old boy at the Bush-Clinton Playground in the Red Hook Recreation Area around 6:30 p.m. last Monday. Police said he knocked both the 5-year-old and 12-year-old to the ground, and placed his hands around the 7-year-old's neck, applying pressure, before running out of the park."
"The 7-year-old boy sustained bruising and pain, according to the NYPD. Emergency medical workers treated all three kids at the scene. Officials said the man did not know the children. They said they are still investigating whether he said anything to them and why he approached them."
"NYPD data shows felony assaults in the 76th Precinct, which includes Red Hook, Carroll Gardens, Cobble Hill and other neighborhoods in the area, were up by several incidents through May 10 this year compared to the same period last year. Citywide, they were down a little more than 1% in the same timeframe, according to the data."
"Police are asking anyone with information about the Red Hook incident to call the Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or, for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74782). The public can also submit tips on the Crime Stoppers website."
Police are searching for a man accused of attacking three children at Bush-Clinton Playground in Brooklyn’s Red Hook Recreation Area around 6:30 p.m. last Monday. The man allegedly approached a 5-year-old girl, a 7-year-old boy, and a 12-year-old boy. Police say he knocked the 5-year-old and 12-year-old to the ground and placed his hands around the 7-year-old’s neck, applying pressure, before leaving the park. The 7-year-old suffered bruising and pain, and emergency medical workers treated all three children at the scene. Officials said the man did not know the children and are investigating whether he said anything and why he approached them. Police are also noting felony assaults in the 76th Precinct were up compared with the same period last year and are requesting tips via Crime Stoppers.
Read at Gothamist
Unable to calculate read time
[
|
]