Carlos Alcaraz withdraws from Wimbledon with wrist injury
Briefly

Carlos Alcaraz withdraws from Wimbledon with wrist injury
"My recovery is going well and I feel much better, but unfortunately I'm still not ready to be able to play, and that's why I have to withdraw from the grass-court swing at Queen's and Wimbledon, the 2023 and 2024 Wimbledon champion wrote on X."
"Carlos Alcaraz says he will skip Wimbledon as he recovers from the right wrist injury that also forced the Spaniard out of the French Open, the world number two men's tennis player said on Tuesday."
"Alcaraz's rivalry with Italian Jannik Sinner has captivated men's tennis, and his absence from the next two Grand Slam tournaments is a huge blow to fans and broadcasters alike."
"The pair contested an epic French Open final last year, with Alcaraz coming back to win the title before Sinner turned the tables to take the Wimbledon crown. Alcaraz became the youngest man to complete the career Grand Slam this year when he won the Australian Open."
Carlos Alcaraz will withdraw from the grass-court swing at Queen's and from Wimbledon while recovering from a serious right wrist injury. The injury also forced him to miss the French Open. He has not played since withdrawing from the Barcelona Open last month. He reported that recovery is going well and that he feels much better, but he still is not ready to compete. His absence affects fans and broadcasters because he is a major contender and a recent Wimbledon champion. Alcaraz and Jannik Sinner have a prominent rivalry, and they played an epic French Open final last year. Alcaraz won the Australian Open this year to become the youngest man to complete the career Grand Slam.
Read at www.aljazeera.com
Unable to calculate read time
[
|
]