
"Similar talks last year broke down in June as Israel launched what became a 12-day war on Iran that included the U.S. bombing Iranian nuclear sites. Trump has repeatedly threatened to use force to compel Iran to agree to constrain its nuclear program. Iran has said it would respond with an attack of its own. Trump also has threatened Iran over its deadly crackdown on recent nationwide protests there. Gulf Arab nations have warned any attack could spiral into another regional conflict."
"Iran and the United States will hold a second round of talks over Tehran's nuclear program next week, the Swiss Foreign Ministry said Saturday. Oman, which welcomed the first round of indirect talks on Feb. 6, will host the talks in Geneva, the Swiss ministry said, without specifying which days. After the first discussions, U.S. President Donald Trump warned Tehran that failure to reach an agreement with his administration would be "very traumatic.""
Iran and the United States will hold a second round of indirect talks in Geneva next week, hosted by Oman and announced by the Swiss Foreign Ministry. The first indirect talks occurred Feb. 6 and involved Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi and U.S. Mideast envoy Steve Witkoff, with a top regional military commander present. The talks follow escalating threats: U.S. President Donald Trump warned failure would be "very traumatic" and has repeatedly threatened force, while Iran has warned of reciprocal attack. The U.S. has deployed the USS Gerald R. Ford to the Mideast. Tehran insists its program is peaceful but has enriched uranium up to 60% purity.
Read at Fortune
Unable to calculate read time
Collection
[
|
...
]