
"Ultimately, we were able to reach broad agreement on a set of guiding principles, based on which we will move forward and begin working on the text of a potential agreement, Araghchi told state television after Tuesday's talks. Good progress has been made compared to the previous round in Oman earlier this month, he said, adding: We now have a clear path ahead, which I think is positive."
"In Washington, DC, Vance also appeared to indicate that the US preferred diplomacy but painted a more mixed picture. In some ways, it went well; they agreed to meet afterwards, Vance said in a Fox News interview. But in other ways, it was very clear that the president has set some red lines that the Iranians are not yet willing to actually acknowledge and work through, Vance told The Story with Martha MacCallum programme."
Iran and the United States held indirect nuclear talks in Geneva mediated by Oman, aiming to avert possible US military intervention and address Iran's nuclear programme. Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi said negotiators reached broad agreement on guiding principles and agreed to begin drafting potential agreement texts, with draft exchanges and a third round to be scheduled. Araghchi described progress compared to an earlier Oman round and said there is a clear path ahead. US Vice President JD Vance said diplomacy was preferred but warned Tehran had not accepted all of Washington's red lines. Iran seeks relief from US sanctions and wants focus on its uranium enrichment programme. Tensions persist over enrichment and missile-related red lines.
Read at www.aljazeera.com
Unable to calculate read time
Collection
[
|
...
]