
"The Indian government had classified last week's incident, which killed at least 10 people near the Red Fort landmark, as a terror attack. India's National Investigation Agency (NIA) presented the suspect to the court on Monday and named him as Amir Rashid A. He is said to have traveled to Delhi from Kashmir to "facilitate the purchase of the car which was eventually used as a vehicle-borne improvised explosive device (IED) to trigger the blast," a statement from the counter-terrorism agency read."
"Investigators said late Monday that they arrested another suspect for allegedly providing "technical support for carrying out terror attacks by modifying drones and attempting to make rockets" ahead of the Red Fort attack. He was identified as Jasir Bilal W. Authorities have not disclosed details about the motives for the attack or organizational backing of the alleged attackers. The two suspects, as well as the alleged suicide bomber identified as Umar Un N., all originally come from Indian-administered Kashmir, according to the NIA."
A suspect in the New Delhi car explosion appeared in court, accused of conspiring with a suicide bomber. The government classified the blast near the Red Fort, which killed at least 10 people, as a terror attack. The National Investigation Agency named the suspect as Amir Rashid A and said he traveled from Kashmir to facilitate purchasing the car later used as a vehicle-borne improvised explosive device. Investigators arrested Jasir Bilal W for allegedly providing technical support by modifying drones and attempting to make rockets. Authorities provided no motives; the suspects and the alleged suicide bomber are from Indian-administered Kashmir.
Read at www.dw.com
Unable to calculate read time
Collection
[
|
...
]