DOJ Website Erases Detailed Charges Against J6 Rioters In Push To Remove Partisan Propaganda'
Briefly

DOJ Website Erases Detailed Charges Against J6 Rioters In Push To Remove Partisan Propaganda'
Hundreds of press releases detailing charges against January 6 Capitol rioters were removed from the Department of Justice website. The DOJ Rapid Response X account said the removals would strip the site of “partisan propaganda” and reverse “weaponization” under the Biden administration. The changes followed a DOJ announcement of a $1.8 billion taxpayer-backed Anti-Weaponization Fund intended to provide restitution to people who said they were wronged by the federal government. Critics said the fund could become a slush fund for Trump allies, including rioters he pardoned. Reported requests included $30 million by Brandon Fellows, $400 million claimed by Mike Lindell, and $2.7 million sought by Michael Caputo. Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche did not rule out payments, while lawmakers introduced a bill to bar taxpayer money from being used for claims tied to the fund.
"Donald Trump's Department of Justice has erased hundreds of press releases from its website that detailed the charges against January 6 Capitol rioters information the DOJ deemed partisan propaganda. We are proud to reverse the DOJ's weaponization under the Biden administration. We will do everything in our power to make whole those who were persecuted for political purposes. This includes stripping DOJ's website of partisan propaganda, the DOJ Rapid Response X account declared Friday."
"The move came just days after the DOJ announced it was creating a $1.8 billion taxpayer-backed Anti-Weaponization Fund to pay restitution to anyone who felt they were wronged by the federal government. Critics, including congressional Republicans, have called it a slush fund for Trump allies, including the rioters that he pardoned. Rioter Brandon Fellows told CNN this week that he was requesting $30 million from the fund for wrongful imprisonment."
"Also seeking compensation were MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, who said he lost $400 million from persecution while trying to prove the 2020 election results were rigged, as well as former Trump campaign adviser Michael Caputo, who's seeking a $2.7 million payout. NBC News reported that the vast majority of press releases on the defendants had been removed by Friday evening. Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche has not ruled out paying J6ers over their incarcerations."
"Reps. Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA) and Tom Suozzi (D-NY) introduced a bill Wednesday to prohibit taxpayer dollars from being used to pay anyone claiming money from the fund. Fitzpatrick said in a statement, Taxpayer dollars wil"
Read at www.mediaite.com
Unable to calculate read time
[
|
]