Pair guilty of 1.38 million jewellery shop robbery linked to manager's suicide
Briefly

Pair guilty of 1.38 million jewellery shop robbery linked to manager's suicide
"Earlier this year, a trial heard he did not see the risk or bad in anyone and showed real enthusiasm for his work at Kettles. But Mr White told his girlfriend he had been accused by a man of not putting up enough of a fight. Not long after transferring the cash, he went missing and stopped replying to texts or calls. His body was found by a friend in a wooded area he visited as a child."
"None of the stolen watches has been recovered and the shop had no insurance, despite being the target of a theft three years earlier. Earlier this year, Junior Kunu, 31, of Mitcham, south-west London, was cleared of conspiracy to rob the shop. Kunu said the robbery was staged and everyone involved consented including Mr White, whom he claimed would have put up more of a fight if he had thought the robbery was real."
On May 25, 2024, more than 70 high-value watches worth 1.38 million were stolen from the 247 Kettles shop in Richmond. Oliver White, 27, the shop manager, was tied up and put in a headlock during the raid and took his own life the following day, with his actions linked directly to the incident. In distress, he attempted to transfer 14,000 in savings to his bosses before going missing; his body was later found in a familiar wooded area. Kyle Mehmet, 40, and Michael Holmes, 34, were convicted of conspiracy to rob; Mannix Pedro, 37, was convicted earlier. None of the watches has been recovered and the shop had no insurance. Junior Kunu, 31, was cleared and claimed the robbery was staged with consent.
Read at www.independent.co.uk
Unable to calculate read time
[
|
]