A 23-year-old man was refused bail after being charged with assault causing harm and production of a knife. The alleged incident occurred on July 11, 2025, when a man walking past the accused’s house stopped to urinate and was approached. The accused allegedly reached over a gate pillar and slashed the pedestrian on the left side of his face from ear to cheek with a kitchen knife. The injured man made a 999 call and named the accused. A TikTok video showing the incident was played in court. The injured party is afraid of reprisals and avoids passing the address, and the victim was reluctant to make a statement. The accused offered to comply with strict bail conditions and had an address available in Co. Limerick.
"Det Gda Mortimer said it will be alleged that at approximately 5.30pm on July 11 last, the other man, who resides at O'Hanlon Park, Dundalk, was walking past the accused's house on his way to visit relatives. He stopped to urinate against a tree on the street when Mr Quilton came out of the house and asked what he was doing. It will be alleged that this man reached over a gate pillar and slashed the pedestrian on the left side of his face, from ear to cheek, with a kitchen knife."
"The injured man made a 999 call and named Jamie Lee Quilton as his attacker. Judge Nicola Andrews was told that a TikTok video which captured the alleged incident had been circulating. The footage was played in court. Det Gda Mortimer continued that the alleged victim is in fear of reprisals and no longer passes this address on his way to relatives."
"Cross-examined by barrister Pearse Collins, the witness said that there had been nothing since. The injured party, who had been left disfigured, had been reluctant to make a statement in case of reprisals. Mr Collins said that his client resided in Dundalk and was willing to abide by stringent bail conditions. A young father, an address in Co. Limerick was available to him."
Read at Irish Independent
Unable to calculate read time
Collection
[
|
...
]