Crystal Palace make approach for Man City's Akanji
Briefly

Crystal Palace have made an approach to sign Manchester City defender Manuel Akanji, though no official bid has been submitted. Sources told BBC Sport that Palace have enquired about the Swiss international's availability. Manchester City would reportedly want about 15m for Akanji, who has not featured in either of their Premier League games this season. The 30-year-old also has interest from Turkish champions Galatasaray. Akanji joined City from Borussia Dortmund in 2022 and started the Champions League final in City's Treble-winning 2023 campaign. Pep Guardiola signalled City are focusing on outgoings after spending more than 150m on six players. Ederson has been linked with Galatasaray while Tottenham have held talks for winger Savinho. The transfer window closes at 19:00 BST on Monday.
Crystal Palace have made an approach to sign Manchester City defender Manuel Akanji. No official bid has been made, but sources told BBC Sport that Palace have enquired about the availability of the Swiss international. It is understood City would want about 15m for Akanji, who has not featured in either of their Premier League games this season. The 30-year-old also has interest from Turkish champions Galatasaray.
Akanji joined City from Borussia Dortmund in 2022 and was part of the Treble-winning side a year later, starting the Champions League final win over Inter Milan. Earlier this month, boss Pep Guardiola suggested City's focus was on outgoings having spent more than 150m on six players this summer. The Spaniard said it was "not healthy" to have so many players in his squad and "people will talk with players and agents to find a solution".
Read at www.bbc.com
[
|
]