
"The Paris prosecutor's office announced earlier on Sunday that Bruel was the subject of at least four complaints of sexual assault in France, and that the cases would be investigated together. I have never forced a woman, Bruel wrote in a statement shared on his Instagram page. And if I have hurt anyone, I sincerely regret it. Bruel, who has had a string of top-selling albums and appeared in more than 40 films, also faces a separate investigation in Belgium after a complaint about an alleged sexual assault in Brussels was filed in March."
"Bruel insisted on Sunday he would continue to do my job, with the same dedication and the same passion. Since March the French investigative news website Mediapart has published allegations from women who have accused Bruel of sexual harassment and sexual assault. Bruel's statement on Sunday addressed allegations made in Mediapart by the television presenter Flavie Flament. On Sunday Bruel said their relationship was neither violent, nor coercive, nor underhanded."
"I have never used my fame to abuse anyone or obtain non-consensual relationships, he wrote. I understand that our age difference might raise eyebrows today. I also understand that fame or status can skew a romantic relationship. He added: For weeks, several voices have been calling for my public condemnation, without a trial, as if the sheer number of accusations were enough to establish the truth. It will be up to the justice system, in which I have complete faith, to shed light on these accusations; it has done so before."
Patrick Bruel protested his innocence regarding multiple rape and sexual assault allegations and said he would not stop working. The Paris prosecutor’s office reported at least four complaints of sexual assault in France, to be investigated together. Bruel stated he never forced a woman and sincerely regretted any harm if it occurred. He also faces a separate investigation in Belgium after a March complaint in Brussels. Bruel is acting in a Paris play and is scheduled to begin a concert tour on 16 June across France, Switzerland, Belgium, and Canada. Feminist groups are circulating a petition calling for concert cancellations, while Bruel insisted he would continue with dedication and passion. He addressed allegations involving Flavie Flament, denying violence, coercion, and abuse of fame, and said the justice system should determine the facts.
#sexual-assault-allegations #legal-investigations #french-entertainment #concert-tour #public-response
Read at www.theguardian.com
Unable to calculate read time
Collection
[
|
...
]