Teen 'left to die' after 50-foot fall down NYC shaft
Briefly

Teen 'left to die' after 50-foot fall down NYC shaft
"A 16-year-old boy rescued from the Queensboro Bridge after plunging 50 feet down a shaft was "left to die" when his friends allegedly ran off as he screamed for help, according to his family and a petition demanding the stunt be investigated. "Nobody deserves to be abandoned and left to die during the worst and most traumatic moment of their life," the Change.org petition said."
""After he fell, the people he was with recorded him as he screamed for help. Instead of helping him, they left him there. They even took his phone and disposed of it, leaving him with no way to call for help. (He) lay alone for over four hours, bleeding and exposed to the cold," the boy's family said in a GoFundMe post."
"Officials said the boy climbed down a ladder into the shaft in the buttress of the bridge and got stuck in the passageway. It appears the teen had been in the shaft for hours before he was rescued, according to the FDNY. The teen had planned to post the stunt on TikTok, authorities said. The boy was transported to the hospital in critical condition but is now stable, police said Tuesday."
A 16-year-old Long Island boy plunged about 50 feet into a shaft on the lower level of the Queensboro Bridge after climbing down a ladder into a buttress passageway. He remained trapped and exposed for hours before emergency crews responded around 9 p.m.; an anonymous viewer contacted authorities after videos were posted online. Family and a petition allege friends recorded him screaming, took and discarded his phone, and left him without help. The teen was hospitalized in critical condition, later stabilized, treated for hypothermia, and required surgery and rehabilitation. A Change.org petition has gathered over 800 signatures.
Read at NewsNation
Unable to calculate read time
[
|
]