
"The United boss had hoped to be able to call upon Cunha, who missed Monday's defeat to Everton with a knock picked up in training last week, but speaking to the media on Friday, he said the Brazilian would not travel with the squad to Selhurst Park. In the absence of Sesko and Cunha, United remain short of options in attack, and they lacked presence up front against Everton, with Joshua Zirkzee drafted in for his first start of the season."
"United also looked vulnerable defensively against 10-man Everton, with Leny Yoro failing to get a clean tackle on Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall right before he put the visitors into a shock lead. Yoro had come into the side in place of the injured Harry Maguire, who picked up a hamstring injury before the international break, and the Frenchman will again likely be expected to fill in for Maguire against Palace."
""Sesko is going to take a little bit more time," Amorim said during his pre-match press conference on Friday. "It will take a little bit longer, and we are taking care of him. "Harry, the same. I expect to have Matheus in the next one [West Ham United on Thursday], not this one." United are looking to get back to winning ways, having failed to extend their five-game unbeaten run against Everton."
Cunha will not travel to Selhurst Park after sustaining a knock in training, and Sesko requires more time to recover, leaving United short of attacking options. Joshua Zirkzee started against Everton as United lacked presence up front. Harry Maguire picked up a hamstring injury before the international break, and Leny Yoro, drafted in to replace him, failed to complete a clean tackle that led to Everton's opener. United conceded a shock lead to 10-man Everton and seek to return to winning ways away from home, while Palace also aim to bounce back.
Read at www.standard.co.uk
Unable to calculate read time
Collection
[
|
...
]