
Planned 24-hour London Underground stoppages from midday Tuesday were suspended by the RMT union. The stoppages were intended to disrupt travel across four days. The union said the employer changed its position at the last moment, allowing further exploration of members’ concerns about new rosters, fatigue, and safety. The union stated the dispute was not finished and additional strike action would follow if sufficient progress was not made. Additional strike dates were adjusted, with June 16 and June 18 changed to June 2 and June 4 if the four-day week differences were not resolved. Transport for London will trial a four-day week voluntarily, and Aslef endorsed the proposal.
"At the 11th hour the employer has shifted its position, allowing us to further explore our members' concerns around the imposition of new rosters, fatigue and safety issues. The dispute is not over, and more strike action will follow if we fail to make sufficient progress."
"The union said that the two 24-hour stoppages from midday on Tuesday, which were set to disrupt travel over four days this week, had been suspended."
"Transport for London (TfL) has said that its proposals for a four-day week would be trialled on a voluntary basis. The rival union Aslef, which represents a slight majority of Tube drivers, has endorsed the TfL proposal."
"Strikes had been also scheduled for 16 and 18 June, which have now been changed to Tuesday 2 June and Thursday 4 June, should the differences over a planned four-day week not be resolved."
Read at www.theguardian.com
Unable to calculate read time
Collection
[
|
...
]