A planning application for four padel tennis courts at Ballyhass Lakes in North Cork was granted with conditions by Cork County Council after a seven-month process. The proposal by Maritime Tourism Limited includes perimeter fencing, flood lighting, bag drop buildings, a reception building, footpaths, and additional perimeter fencing. The courts are intended as an amenity for guests at an on-site Holiday Homes and Bunkhouse Village, which received retention permission in September after unauthorised works. Fine Gael TD John Paul O’Shea and Cllr Tony O’Shea made representations to the council and requested updates. County planners requested further information, including specifying a car park location and removing an unauthorised hard core area used as a car park, addressing elevation and lighting concerns, and reducing excessive entrance signage. Other retention-related conditions were also required to be complied with before further information was submitted.
"The application for four padel tennis courts with perimeter fencing at Ballyhass Lakes by Maritime Tourism Limited was granted with conditions by county planners, after a seven-month process, including a request for further information in December."
"In their further information request, county planners asked the owners of the site to specify the location of a car park, and highlighted an "unauthorised area" of hard core which they said appears to function as a car park. "This area is not permitted and shall be removed," said the letter, sent to the consulting engineers on December 15."
"County planners also submitted concerns around elevation and lighting, as well as what they said was "excessive" signing at the site entrance, which they requested to be removed. Other planning conditions associated with the retention permission were also not yet complied with, said the Further Information request. "These should be addressed and complied with prior to submission of further information response.""
"The courts are due to act as an extra amenity for on-site guests at the Holiday Homes and Bunkhouse Village, which was recently granted retention by Cork County Council in September, following what had been unauthorised works. On November 7 of last year, both Fine Gael TD John Paul O'Shea and his brother, Cllr Tony O'Shea, wrote to Cork County Council, officially making their representations on behalf of the courts, asking to be kept updated on the progress of the application."
Read at Irish Independent
Unable to calculate read time
Collection
[
|
...
]