All members of Louvre jewellery heist gang now in custody, French police claim
Briefly

All members of Louvre jewellery heist gang now in custody, French police claim
"A man arrested by French police earlier this week is thought to be the fourth member of the group that stole France's crown jewels in a heist from the Louvre Museum, the Paris prosecutor said Friday. It means all members of the group who were involved in the robbery are now believed to be in custody. The 39-year-old male who was arrested has six previous convictions, prosecutor Laure Beccuau said."
"He has now been handed preliminary charges of robbery by an organized gang, punishable by 15 years imprisonment, and criminal conspiracy, which can carry a 10-year sentence if he is convicted for his suspected role in the Oct. 19 theft at the world's most-visited museum. The robbery gang's haul of loot was worth an estimated 88 million euros ($102 million) a monetary value that didn't include their huge historical value to France."
The Independent deploys reporters to cover reproductive rights, climate change and Big Tech and prioritizes on-the-ground journalism. The outlet produces documentaries such as 'The A Word' about American women fighting for reproductive rights. The Independent remains free to readers and avoids paywalls, relying on donations from those who can afford to support quality journalism. A 39-year-old man was arrested in connection with the Oct. 19 theft of France's crown jewels from the Louvre and is believed to be the fourth member of the group. He faces preliminary charges of robbery by an organized gang and criminal conspiracy. The thieves' haul was estimated at €88 million, excluding historical value.
Read at www.independent.co.uk
Unable to calculate read time
[
|
]