BREAKING: Southampton kicked out of promotion final over spying scandal in $377m PL bombshell
Briefly

BREAKING: Southampton kicked out of promotion final over spying scandal in $377m PL bombshell
Southampton were expelled from the Championship play-offs after admitting to unauthorized filming of opponents’ training sessions. An independent disciplinary commission removed Southampton from the play-off final, and Middlesbrough were reinstated. Middlesbrough are set to play Hull at Wembley for a place in the Premier League. Southampton will also be docked four points next season for multiple breaches related to unauthorized filming. Southampton confirmed they will appeal the sanctions, and the EFL said efforts were underway to have the appeal heard on Wednesday. The EFL noted the outcome could change Saturday’s fixture. Middlesbrough welcomed the disciplinary outcome, emphasizing sporting integrity and conduct.
"An independent disciplinary commission has today expelled Southampton from the Championship play-offs, the EFL said. Southampton, relegated from the Premier League last season, confirmed they would appeal the sanctions. The EFL said the parties were working to ensure an appeal could be heard on Wednesday. Subject to the outcome, it could result in a further change to Saturday's fixture, the EFL said."
"Southampton will also be docked four points next season after admitting to multiple breaches of regulations related to the "unauthorised filming of other clubs' training" sessions, according to a statement from the English Football League. The EFL confirmed further charges had been laid against Southampton, and that the club had also admitted observing training sessions ahead of matches against Oxford and Ipswich."
"A member of the Southampton coaching staff was caught by Middlesbrough officials recording training on his phone. Middlesbrough have been reinstated and are set to face Hull at Wembley on Saturday for a place in the Premier League. The first leg ended 0-0 before Southampton progressed with a 2-1 win after extra-time in the second leg."
"Middlesbrough issued a statement welcoming the outcome of the disciplinary commission hearing. "We believe this sends out a clear message for the future of our game regarding sporting integrity and conduct," it said. Kim Hellberg, manager of Middlesbrough, who will n"
Read at Fox Sports
Unable to calculate read time
[
|
]