Mountain View in 'active negotiations' for new pickleball facility - San Jose Spotlight
Briefly

Mountain View in 'active negotiations' for new pickleball facility - San Jose Spotlight
"The city is currently negotiating the use of a privately owned property that could be developed as an outdoor pickleball facility, Community Services Director John Marchant told the City Council at a Jan. 27 meeting. Marchant did not disclose the property's location, but he said that it was "about half a mile from the nearest residential neighborhood in the eastern part of the city." He also did not elaborate on how many courts the site could accommodate."
""We are in the initial stages of negotiation with the property owner to come to an agreement for the interim use of the site, after which the city could begin the process to design and construct the pickleball courts," Marchant said. The city is planning to use the site for at least five years while still looking for a permanent location for new pickleball courts, possibly at the same site, according to Marchant. He added that the interim site would include parking, but did not specify the number of spaces."
"Last year, a plan to potentially build pickleball courts at Cuesta Park and Cuesta Annex, a 12.5-acre plot of undeveloped open space next to the park, drew community pushback. A group of Mountain View residents launched a campaign, arguing that the courts would destroy valuable green and open space and disrupt the tranquility of the area."
Mountain View has identified and is negotiating the use of a privately owned property in the eastern part of the city for an interim outdoor pickleball facility located roughly half a mile from the nearest residential neighborhood. The site is intended for at least five years while a permanent location is sought, possibly at the same site. The interim plan includes parking, though the number of spaces and the number of courts have not been specified. Updates are expected in two to three months, contingent on a formal agreement with the property owner. Previous proposals at Cuesta Park and San Rafael Avenue drew significant resident opposition over open-space and neighborhood concerns.
Read at San Jose Spotlight
Unable to calculate read time
[
|
]