Jaylen Brown calls out city of Beverly Hills for shutting down his All-Star Weekend event
Briefly

Jaylen Brown calls out city of Beverly Hills for shutting down his All-Star Weekend event
"They didn't try to have a conversation and they shut everything down. So the statement they put out there was completely false. Celtics star wing Jaylen Brown didn't get to fully enjoy his first All-Star Weekend as a starter. "It leaves a bad taste in my mouth here for All-Star Weekend," Brown said Sunday after All-Star festivities wrapped in Los Angeles. "It's super distracting for you guys to even have to ask me questions about this. We should be here talking about basketball.""
"On Saturday, February 14, the Beverly Hills Police Department (BHPD) responded to an event taking place at a private residence in the Trousdale neighborhood of the City. An event permit had been applied for and denied by the City due to previous violations associated with events at the address. "Despite the fact that the permit was denied, organizers still chose to proceed with inviting hundreds of guests knowing that it was not allowed to occur.""
Jaylen Brown's All-Star Weekend was disrupted when Beverly Hills police shut down a private event for his "741" brand at a Trousdale mansion, citing a denied permit. Brown hosted a panel, watch party, and networking event at the James Jannard-owned residence and recorded his interaction with officers, then posted video on social media. The City said the permit application was denied because of previous violations at the address and that organizers proceeded despite the denial. Brown said officers did not try to have a conversation, called the city's statement false, and said the incident left a bad taste during All-Star Weekend.
Read at Boston.com
Unable to calculate read time
[
|
]