For Content Owners
Briefly exists to help people highlight and summarize the content they find on the web with a link back to those original sources.
How we manage access to content
We only allow users to see the full content of an article if they are registered Briefly users and click ‘Get article to highlight & comment,’ where then the article is saved to their personal account for the purposes of reading, highlighting sentences, making comments on the content, with the opportunity to share their highlights and comments with other Briefly users and/or on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
If you have a question or concern about how your content is being displayed on Briefly or wish to remove content from Briefly:
- Please identify the sources over which you have authority.
- Explain the nature of the authority (e.g. copyright holder, agent for copyright holder).
- Provide a means of contact that isn’t tied to an individual so the appropriate person can be contacted if the requester is no longer in authority.
Please send the above to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
We maintain that content on Briefly is protected under the DMCA safe harbor provision. If you feel a work of yours is subject to takedown under DMCA, please send:
- Your Full Name
- Phone Number
- Email address
- The name of the infringing work
- The original content URL(s)
- The infringing content URL(s)