JD Vance insists Iran war won't be 'forever' after Trump's comments on nuclear deal
Briefly

JD Vance insists Iran war won't be 'forever' after Trump's comments on nuclear deal
Trump said the United States may need to strike Iran again and that he was about an hour away from ordering an attack before postponing it. He said Iran’s leaders are seeking a deal and warned that another US attack could occur in coming days if no agreement is reached. The comments followed Trump’s earlier pause of a planned resumption of hostilities after a proposal from Tehran to end the U.S.-Israeli war. The United States has faced difficulty ending the war begun with Israel nearly three months earlier. Trump faces political pressure to reach an accord that could reopen the Strait of Hormuz, where global oil and commodity supplies depend. Oil prices fell after Vice President JD Vance said progress had been made and neither side wanted renewed military action.
"Trump said on Tuesday that the United States may need to strike Iran again and that he had been an hour away from ordering an attack before postponing it. Trump made the comments a day after saying he had paused a planned resumption of hostilities following a new proposal by Tehran to end the U.S.-Israeli war. “I was an hour away from making the decision to go today,” Trump told reporters at the White House on Tuesday."
"Iran's leaders are begging for a deal, he said, adding that a new US attack would happen in coming days if no agreement was reached. The United States has been struggling to end the war it began with Israel nearly three months ago. Trump has previously said that a deal with Tehran was close, and similarly threatened heavy strikes on Iran if it did not reach an accord."
"The US president is under intense political pressure at home to reach an accord that would reopen the Strait of Hormuz, a key route for global supplies of oil and other commodities. Gas prices remain high and Trump's approval rating has plummeted as congressional elections loom in November. Oil prices settled lower on Tuesday after Vice President JD Vance said Washington and Tehran had made a lot of progress in talks and neither side wanted to see a resumption of the military campaign."
"Speaking to reporters at the White House, Vance said, “We're in a pretty good spot here,” adding that neither side wanted to see a resumption of the military campaign. The remarks came as Trump signaled that another strike could follow if negotiations fail. The statements tied the diplomatic effort to pressure over energy routes and domestic political conditions."
Read at Irish Independent
Unable to calculate read time
[
|
]