Ontario pushing last call later during FIFA World Cup | CBC News
Briefly

Ontario pushing last call later during FIFA World Cup | CBC News
"From June 11 to July 19, licensed bars and restaurants will be allowed to sell and serve alcohol until 4 a.m., two hours later than Ontario's regular last call, the province said in a news release."
"Allowing restaurants and bars to stay open later means that fans can fully experience the energy, excitement and atmosphere of the tournament while supporting jobs, strengthening local businesses and driving economic growth across Ontario, said Ontario Attorney General Doug Downey in the release."
"Ontario will also allow 27 LCBO retail stores across the Greater Toronto Area and Ottawa to extend hours during the same timeframe, the province said. Extended hours from Monday to Saturday will be 9 a.m. to 11 p.m., and on Sunday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m."
"This year's World Cup is being co-hosted by 16 cities across North America, including Toronto, where six matches will be played between June 12 and July 2. The latest games in Toronto will start at 7 p.m. ET. Most other matches in the tournament will start before 11 p.m. ET, though some kick off at midnight."
From June 11 to July 19, licensed bars and restaurants in Ontario may sell and serve alcohol until 4 a.m., which is two hours later than the province’s regular last call. The province will also extend hours for 27 LCBO retail stores across the Greater Toronto Area and Ottawa during the same period. Monday through Saturday, LCBO stores will operate from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m., and on Sundays from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. The change supports fans attending FIFA World Cup matches, including six games in Toronto between June 12 and July 2, with latest starts at 7 p.m. ET. The province has previously extended alcohol hours for major sporting events.
Read at www.cbc.ca
Unable to calculate read time
[
|
]