Police urge new witnesses to speak out in Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor inquiry
Briefly

Police urge new witnesses to speak out in Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor inquiry
Thames Valley Police appealed for new witnesses while working through information tied to allegations of misconduct in public office involving Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor. The investigation follows the release of Epstein files in the United States and involves coordination with the U.S. Justice Department and Britain’s Crown Prosecution Service. Police previously arrested and interviewed a man in his sixties in February and released him. Searches were carried out at properties in Berkshire and Norfolk where Mountbatten-Windsor lived at the time. Police have not named him directly and have not commented on specific allegations. Investigators are also assessing reports that a woman was taken to an address in Windsor in 2010 for sexual purposes and have contacted her legal representatives. The investigation remains ongoing and could involve corruption, fraud, or sexual misconduct, with a maximum penalty of life imprisonment.
"Thames Valley police said Friday in a statement that they were working with the U.S. Justice Department and Britain's Crown Prosecution Service in a wide-ranging probe following the release of Epstein files in the United States. The comments mark the first update by police into the investigation following the arrest of a "man in his sixties" who was interviewed and released in February."
"Police have not commented on the specifics of the allegations or named Mountbatten-Windsor directly in accordance with U.K. guidance. In February, searches were carried out at properties in Berkshire and Norfolk, where Mountbatten-Windsor was living at the time. He has not been charged and has consistently denied wrongdoing."
"Police are also assessing reports that a woman was taken to an address in Windsor in 2010 for "sexual purposes," the statement said, adding that police had been in touch with the woman's legal representatives. Thames Valley Police Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said the "complex investigation" is ongoing and urged anyone with information to come forward."
""Our team of very experienced detectives are working meticulously through a significant amount of information that has come in from the public and other sources," he said. "We are committed to conducting a thorough investigation into all reasonable lines of enquiry, wherever they may lead." Police said the update was given to emphasize the broad nature of the misconduct allegations, which can include elements such as corruption, fraud and sexual misconduct."
Read at The Washington Post
Unable to calculate read time
[
|
]