
Tube strikes scheduled for this week have been suspended, and services will run as normal. The strikes had been planned to cause four days of disruption starting from the middle of Tuesday morning, but they will not go ahead. London Underground trains will therefore operate as usual. An RMT union spokesperson said the employer shifted its position at the 11th hour, allowing further exploration of members’ concerns about new rosters, fatigue, and safety issues. The spokesperson also said the dispute is not over and additional strike action will follow if sufficient progress is not made. More details are expected to follow.
"At the 11th hour the employer has shifted its position allowing us to further explore our members concerns around the imposition of new rosters, fatigue and safety issues. "The dispute is not over and more strike action will follow if we fail to make sufficient progress.""
"The tube strikes scheduled for this week have been suspended, and services will run as normal. The strikes were due to cause four days of service disruption from the middle of Tuesday morning, but will now not go ahead. So London Underground trains will run as normal."
Read at ianVisits
Unable to calculate read time
Collection
[
|
...
]