Israel kills at least five in Lebanon after ceasefire' extended
Briefly

Israel kills at least five in Lebanon after ceasefire' extended
Israeli air attacks struck multiple locations in southern and eastern Lebanon, killing at least five people and injuring more than a dozen. Municipalities hit included Tayr Felsay, Tayr Debba, Az-Zrariyah, and Jebchit, while a separate attack on Jouaiya killed at least three people. Israeli forces issued forced displacement orders to residents in Sohmor, Roumine, al-Qusaibah, Kfar Hounah, and Naqoura. The violence continued as a ceasefire extension took effect, with claims of intensified attacks. Since the war resumed on March 2, Lebanese Health Ministry figures reported 2,988 deaths and 9,210 injuries from Israeli attacks. The ceasefire extension followed Washington talks and is intended to enable a US-facilitated security track beginning May 29, with further talks planned for June 2 and 3.
"A series of Israeli air attacks on southern and eastern Lebanon has killed at least five people and injured more than a dozen, according to the Health Ministry. Despite Israel agreeing to a ceasefire extension with Hezbollah, the attacks on Sunday included the municipalities of Tayr Felsay, Tayr Debba, Az-Zrariyah and Jebchit."
"According to Lebanon's state-run National News Agency (NNA), at least three people were also killed in a separate Israeli attack on the village of Jouaiya. The Israeli military issued forced displacement orders to residents in the villages of Sohmor, Roumine, al-Qusaibah, Kfar Hounah and Naqoura in southern Lebanon."
"At a cabinet meeting on Sunday, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Israel was holding territory, clearing territory, protecting Israel's communities, but also fighting an enemy that is trying to outsmart us. Since the war resumed on March 2, at least 2,988 people have been killed and 9,210 injured in Israeli attacks across the country, the Lebanese Health Ministry said on Sunday."
"Sunday's attacks followed talks in Washington, DC, where the two countries agreed a 45-day ceasefire extension even though the original accord which began on April 17 has never been observed. The third round of talks in the US capital concluded after the first direct meeting in decades last month between Lebanon and Israel, which do not have diplomatic relations."
Read at www.aljazeera.com
Unable to calculate read time
[
|
]