
FFT representatives, including Roland Garros director and former world number one Amelie Mauresmo, met player representatives ahead of the French Open to address revenue sharing. The meeting enabled a positive and transparent exchange on multiple issues, with both sides agreeing to continue discussions in the coming weeks due to the need for more time. FFT agreed to negotiate directly with players involved in the protest, including Jannik Sinner and Aryna Sabalenka. FFT committed to responding to players’ proposals in the coming weeks. Since March 2025, about 20 top-ranked ATP and WTA players have sought a larger share of Grand Slam revenue, aiming for 22% by 2030 versus about 15% currently. Players limited media commitments to 15 minutes during pre-tournament media days to show dissatisfaction.
"The FFT, represented among others by Roland Garros director and former women's world number one Amelie Mauresmo, met the player representatives on Friday at the end of the boycott-impacted media day before the start of the French Open. The FFT, represented among others by Roland Garros director and former women's world number one Amelie Mauresmo, met the player representatives on Friday at the end of the boycott-impacted media day before the start of the French Open."
"[The meeting] has allowed the FFT and the players' representatives to engage in a positive and transparent exchange on a number of issues, the federation said in a press release on Saturday. As these discussions require more time, all parties have agreed to continue the dialogue and to meet again in the coming weeks."
"A source close to the discussions told the news agency AFP earlier on Saturday that the FFT has agreed to negotiate directly with the players involved in the protest, which includes world number-ones Jannik Sinner and Aryna Sabalenka. As the organiser of the Paris Grand Slam, the FFT has committed to responding to the players' proposals in the coming weeks, the source added."
"Since March 2025, a group of about 20 of the highest-ranked players on the ATP and WTA tours have been trying to secure a larger share of the revenue generated by Grand Slam tournaments. The players involved are calling for a 22 percent share of these revenues by 2030, compared with around 15 percent at present. To demonstrate their dissatisfaction, 20 players have been limiting their media commitments to 15 minutes on Friday and Saturday."
Read at www.aljazeera.com
Unable to calculate read time
Collection
[
|
...
]